Wednesday, January 12, 2011

ER here we come...



LOL!  Its not what everyone is thinking...we went to the ER tonight for Lukey, believe it or not!  Not for Ryan!  Funny, huh?!  I have to laugh to keep from crying at this point :/  Apparently, Lukey hit his head and as a result suffered a concussion and that is why we were in the ER.  I feel awful b/c I didn't actually witness it!  Lukey was being silly and fell as he was taking his jacket off in our foyer and literally fell down two steps and all I heard was two big thuds.  I didn't even think anything of it until he started saying weird things, such as I hear ringing in my head, do you hear that Mommy?  Or I really don't look right do I?  It was extremely bizarre, even for a silly kiddo like him.  And, then after that he started vomiting, he did vomit twice, which not only scared him but it terrified me.  So, I then called his pediatrician and after much delay the dr. on call did get back to me and told me to go to the ER. By the time we went to the ER they didn't even think it was necessary to do a CAT scan or an x-ray and he checked out (neurologically) okay :)  The ER just told us to watch over him for the next 24 hours and told us not to send him to preschool.   I always thought that Lukey's first concussion (if and when he were to get one) would be in hockey and he would be much, much older :/


Love & HUGS,
Jenny, Ron, Ryan, & Lukey :)

No comments: