Friday, May 23, 2008

12 days and counting...

Well, the title states everything :( As you can see I'm home and Ron and Luke are still in Vlad., Russia. I'm currently using my Dad's computer b/c Ron has our only one in Vlad., Russia. Saturday the night I landed was extremely rough, not the flight itself but just not having my other half with me. I hadn't slept except for the plane ride where I only slept a total of 4 hours. Would you like to know why? I was sandwiched between Koreans, thus we flew Korean Air :) The one lady off to my left wasn't so bad she was like a grandma type of person. She couldn't speak English but that didn't stop her from talking to me, yes in Korean :/ I couldn't understand a word she was saying, LOL! I must say it kept it interesting. Then on my right I had a Korean guy...who took up both arm rests the whole way to JFK!!! By the way, long term parking at JFK was $110.00, insane isn't it? Crazy!!!
And oh yes something else happened to me on my way home...the day I left Russia for the States Ron asked me if $300.00 rubles would be enough? I said sure, how much do I need to get home, $300.00 rubles would be plenty! In the Korean Airport, during my lay-over, I exchanged my $300.00 rubles...guess for how much? Only $9.00 US Dollars, I was shocked! I thought to myself, hey I'll be able to make it home, right? WRONG! Apparently, I totally forgot about the tolls to get home. Can we say UGH! So, here I am pulling up to the toll booth in NY, I said to the toll taker "I have $9.00 dollars or my credit card". She was extremely sweet about the whole situation and told oh dear that wasn't enough. She also told me to pull over, that an officer would give me a repayment envelope where I could later send in the $10.00, yep that's right ONLY $10.00 + a $2.00 fee, of course :/ Only ME!!!
Then, I dragged myself home...before I fell over! Oh, also you would be so proud of me...I pushed myself through on several occasions with the "pushy people on the the flights" and in fact I even told this one guy to wait and not push right through me on the plane!!! As many of you know, I don't like confrontations. Ron even told me that our facilitator, Irina, always knew I had it in me :)
On Sunday, I picked Ryan up from his Aunt Re's and Goomba Joe's, where he was sad to leave but extremely happy that I was home :) Then on Tuesday morning, he asked me "where on earth is Daddy"? It was as if it literally had just dawned on him...LOL!
I am currently on my Dad's laptop in Ryan's playroom due to modem issues, which I will not go into! I was chatting with Ron, via email, and all of a sudden I notice that on Ryan's train table there are CARS stickers all over it. I ask Ryan who put these CARS stickers here? Do you want to know what he told me? Mommy, Luke did it! He said this with a straight face too. Well, needless to say I cracked up...I mean wouldn't you? LOL :) It's starting already, isn't it?
Hopefully, Ron will write more about his time at the VMI :)


Love,
Jenny

No comments: