Thursday, November 11, 2010

When it rains it pours...







Not only are we dealing with Ryan and his break through seizures but it is believed that Ryan is having colossal side effects :(  It was comical how I stumbled upon the side effects-his resource teacher wants to know what she should look for, what type of side effects would she be dealing with, etc.  Well, I was sending away for a mail-order script when I looked at the side effects, haven't honestly looked at them in years...low and behold-the medication he is on, to help him with his seizures, can cause speech and language processing disorders!  It was right there in black and white!  Maybe, just maybe, I was at the root of his stuttering issue?!?  I immediately called his neurologist, the neurologist told me the biggest concern with this medication is that the patients are always tired and this is what *usually* causes the speech and language delays.  Neuro. did also state that if Ryan was having more symptoms of side effects that we (Ron and I) could decide if we want to take Ryan off of this particular med?!  Ryan is currently experiencing many of the side effects from this particular medication.  I realize we have to step out of our comfort zone but honestly, I'm scared :/  Wouldn't you be?  A friend told me I owe it to Ryan b/c it will impact his social development.  She is absolutely correct but what if his seizures get worse?  They do have an impact and are pretty horrible right now, but what if he tries another med of choice and has even more side effects or gosh forbid his seizures get worse?!  My worse fear is the seizure activity stays with him through out his entire life :/

Then, there is Lukey :(  Oh this poor child!  He has such an issue with constipation that I wish I could take it all away and make it better.  We have tried everything from raisins to prune juice and everything in-between and nothing works.  I called Lukey's pediatrician and asked him what do I do for him, he's in pain!  The peds. dr. suggested we try a GI, perhaps they can help, at this point it may be a medical issue :(  On a funny note, I believe the other day, I may have OD Lukey on miralax (a laxative), b/c he was on the potty from sun up till sun down-poor kiddo!  One extreme to another :/

Only our boys :)

Love & HUGS,
Jenny, Ron, Ryan, & Lukey :)

1 comment:

Sonam Sen said...

Angioplasty Side effects
Angioplasty has provided to be boon for heart patient. They found ray of hope after coming this technology into existence. This has been one of the best technologies used. Stent, is used in this technology. There are also few side effects for this. But in spite of angioplasty side affects this s still very good for heart patient.