Friday, July 9, 2010

Ryan's appt. with Ortho.

I thought I would update everyone while it's fresh in my "MOMMY BRAIN"!  Today, Ryan had an ortho. appt., which went well, all things considered :/  I advised Ry's ortho. dr. that recently he was either tripping or having breakthrough seizures OR BOTH :/  Regardless, he was falling A LOT lately and something needs to be done to help him.  The ortho. set forth a plan of action, btw have I told anyone that I adore his ortho?  Here is a dr. who isn't afraid to listen to the parents and take their advice and modify it :)  Here's the plan: Ryan is getting new articulating orthotics-he has already been casted for the new orthotics and will receive them in about three weeks.  Once, we have the new orthotics we are to bring him to the Gait Lab, where they evaluate the way he walks and then depending on the results Ryan may need surgery.  I will state that I am still a bit taken back at the thought of surgery BUT I've been researching the type of surgery that has been suggested for Ryan and it actually may be a good thing b/c it may help him walk better.  Ryan has been lurching and/or crouching lately and this surgery could help his hamstrings and ultimately stretch them to wear he stands and walks better.

Love & HUGS,
Jenny, Ron, Ryan, & Lukey :)

No comments: